Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marvel Vs Capcom 3



So not too long ago I subscribed to Marvel Digital Comis Unlimited (But that's for another post). Not long after finishing my reading of Ultimatum and finishing the part of the ultimate saga I had access too Marvel Vs Capcom was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3, I ofcourse grabbed it for my trusted Xbox, mostly because my friends list is empty on Playstation Network.

I came into this game with little knowledge of the previous installments, I had played Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in the Arcade at the local movie theater a few times over the years, but I had never done much with it. Most my knowledge came from the memes attached to it.

What sold me on this game before buying it wasn't it's name, nor my past experience, but the videos on youtube I had seen. Especially one that showed a certain character from Marvel I had fallen in love with over the years.

Who did you think I was talking about? After seeing deadpool fight, I was sold on this game instantly, and was forced to buy it. My first team was composed of him, Wolverine, and Iron Man. I quickly grasped the game and how it worked and hopped online, kicking ass and taking names. Deadpool becoming my strongest character.

As I continued to play I created a second Marvel team, this one headed by another character that drove me to purchase the game: Magneto. His team was set up with Pheonix and Hulk on support, Pheonix usually being unseen until I had my bar full so she could suicide for her hyper combo, or 2x X-factor.

As I continued to play I fell more and more in love with the game, it's simplicity and speed enchanted me. I had never been one for 2D fighters, considering they were before my time. I grew up, instead, on 3D fighters, specifically Tekken and the Soul Calibur series.

Even though this game was 2D I adapted to it quickly, learning the controlls and ins and outs of fighting. Learning when to block and when to air combo, when to special attack, and when to use this games new feature: X-factor.

I can't really tell you how MVC3 has improved on it's predecessors, because I didn't play them. What I can tell you is that it is a solid game, with a solid roster, and plenty of variety. This game is full of humor and pure entertainment, and there's enough here to keep you playing for weeks online.

If you haven't checked this game out yet, I suggest you do. It's well worth the rental, and even more the purchase.

17 comments:

Charles said...

Deadpool is a badass, cant wait to play this

Ross said...

these type games are really sick

LOB said...

I'm gonna have to give this a go!

imarkzor said...

I agree with Ross. Nice post, keep em coming! :B

Atlas said...

Deadpool
Abilities

Steals pancreas
Common Sense
Shariouken
Duck tape duck tape duck tape :D

Utter madman

-inastateofblue said...

Love this game. What's your team ;D

Unknown said...

@ Las3R - I run with Deadpool, Wolverine, Ironman for my main team. Magneto, Pheonix, Hulk for my off. Dante, Trish, Akuma is my 'anti dickhead team'. I use it to x factor Akuma to victory.

Oakuka said...

Its a great game, online sucks tho, Deadpool is one of the best peeps to have on your team, aswell as Iron man, wesker and dante

Me said...

sounds like a great game. will definetly check it out.

BernT said...

Nice spiderman picture

BernT said...

Nice spiderman picture

Igneel21 said...

mag freaking neto, where yo curly mustache at?!

Daemon said...

Can't wait MvC is awesome!

Unknown said...

i still prefer mvc2 or even better mugen with mvc2 chars :3

CandleintheDark said...

I might need to check it out. I remember the good ol days of 2d fighters :)

Jcache said...

Hey! If its got Deadpool, Im there!

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure I learned how to masturbate by playing this game in the video store...